Full Time | Edinburgh
We have a vacancy for an experienced Accounts Assistant within our Accounting & Business Solutions department. The role will provide operational support to the Managers/Partners in the provision of accountancy services on behalf of a mixed portfolio of clients, including the preparation of accounts and corporation tax computations.
- Prepare annual accounts for sole traders, partnerships and limited companies
- Prepare and examine accounts for small charities
- Prepare management accounts from client cashbooks and liaise with clients, as necessary
- Prepare VAT returns
- Attend and work at client premises, as necessary
- Establish a professional and confident working relationship with clients, dealing with telephone enquiries timeously, escalating queries as appropriate, in order to maintain the Firm’s reputation and business opportunities
The ideal candidate will be:
- Educated to Higher grade (A to C passes) or equivalent
- HND, AAT or ACCA part-qualified or breadth of knowledge to the equivalent level essential
- Advanced accounts preparation experience and skills, preferably within professional practice.
- Good numerical and data analysis skills.
- Familiar with cloud accounting packages including Xero and QBO.
- Must be able to build effective relationships with clients and colleagues at all levels from a variety of sectors
- Client driven and commercially aware
- Organised with the ability to cope with multiple responsibilities within tight deadlines
- Sound technical knowledge with a proactive approach to CPD
- Must be able to demonstrate a commitment to high standards of both personal and professional performance with the ability to take ownership of tasks
- Computer literate with experience of accounts production software desirable
What you can expect:
- A competitive salary
- 31 days holiday per year
- Holiday buy and sell scheme
- Continuous training and support
- Life insurance
- Generous pension contribution
- Flexible working hours
- ‘Dress for your Working Day’ policy
Interested candidates should submit a CV and covering letter to HR@hlca.co.uk
The closing date for applications is 4 October 2019.
MHA Henderson Loggie is an Equal Opportunities Employer