MHA Henderson Loggie is one of Scotland’s leading independent firms of accountants and business advisers, with offices based in Aberdeen, Dundee, Edinburgh and Glasgow.
We are seeking a VAT Consultant to join our Tax team based in our head office in Dundee, which is situated in the heart of the City, close to the West End.
You will assist the existing VAT team to provide accurate and timely VAT advice to clients and to be an internal point of contact for VAT queries.
Main Responsibilities are:
• Establish professional and confident working relationships with colleagues and our clients
• Complete VAT registration/ deregistration and option to tax declarations for clients
• Draft VAT advisory correspondence to clients
• Support the VAT team with administration and calculations (e.g. partial exemption and capital goods scheme spreadsheets)
• Support clients with MTD obligations including facilitation of use of the MHA bridging software
• Provide support to Tax Managers/ Partners at client meetings by contributing and accurate record keeping.
• Research guidance and case law to ensure correct information is given to clients and colleagues.
To be considered for this role you will have a good level of academic ability and be educated to degree level (2:1 minimum). Any form of tax certification would be advantageous. You will have a positive and proactive attitude to work and be willing to help with a variety of tasks and activities within the team. You will be computer literate with a good working knowledge of MS Word and Excel and have excellent organisation skills. Previous experience within an office environment would be beneficial. A genuine interest in VAT/tax is essential.
To apply, please email your full CV and covering letter FAO Roz Tippett HR@hlca.co.uk
MHA Henderson Loggie is an Equal Opportunities Employer