We have a vacancy for an experienced Accounts Assistant within our Accounting & Business Solutions department. The role will provide operational support to the Managers/Partners in the provision of accountancy services on behalf of a mixed portfolio of clients, including the preparation of accounts and corporation tax computations.
- Prepare annual accounts for sole traders, partnerships and limited companies
- Prepare and examine accounts for small charities
- Prepare management accounts from client cashbooks and liaise with clients, as necessary
- Prepare VAT returns
- Attend and work at client premises, as necessary
- Establish a professional and confident working relationship with clients, dealing with telephone enquiries in a timely manner, escalating queries as appropriate, in order to maintain the Firm’s reputation and business opportunities
The ideal candidate will be:
- Educated to Higher grade (A to C passes) or equivalent
- HND, AAT or ACCA part-qualified or breadth of knowledge to the equivalent level essential
- Advanced accounts preparation experience and skills, preferably within professional practice.
- Good numerical and data analysis skills.
- Familiar with cloud accounting packages including Xero and QBO.
- Must be able to build effective relationships with clients and colleagues at all levels from a variety of sectors
- Client driven and commercially aware
- Organised with the ability to cope with multiple responsibilities within tight deadlines
- Sound technical knowledge with a proactive approach to CPD
- Must be able to demonstrate a commitment to high standards of both personal and professional performance with the ability to take ownership of tasks
- Computer literate with experience of accounts production software desirable
What you can expect:
- A competitive salary
- 31 days holiday per year
- Holiday buy and sell scheme
- Continuous training and support
- Life Insurance
- Generous pension contribution
Apply: To apply, please email your full CV and covering letter FAO Roz Tippett – firstname.lastname@example.org
MHA Henderson Loggie is an Equal Opportunities Employer