An opportunity has arisen for a Trainee Bookkeeper and Digital Solutions Assistant within our Accounting and Business Solutions team in Aberdeen.
This is a great opportunity for an enthusiastic individual to join our forward-thinking team to train as a bookkeeper and gain valuable practical experience in both desktop and cloud-based accounting software as well as general office skills.
This is a varied role which will provide the successful candidate with appropriate training to develop their accountancy knowledge and gain accreditation in the various software solutions offered to our clients.
- Processing bookkeeping entries on client systems
- Control account reconciliations
- Processing month-end accounting adjustments
- Completion of client VAT returns
- Work towards certification in many of the software solutions that we offer to our clients
- Provide first-line support and work with more experienced staff to resolve complex issues
- You will also be expected to assist experienced members of the team with the setup, training and implementation of software solutions for our clients
The ideal candidate will be:
- Educated to Higher Grade with passes in Maths and English preferable.
- You will be able to demonstrate a genuine desire to train as a bookkeeper, whilst accepting the administrative responsibilities of the role,
- Demonstrate a willingness to learn and have a “can-do” approach to your work.
- You will be organised, have strong communication skills and be able to multitask when dealing with more than one client or project.
- Strong IT skills (Office 365 including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint) are desirable.
What you can expect:
- A competitive salary
- 31 days holiday per year
- Holiday buy and sell scheme
- Continuous training and support
- Life Insurance
- Generous pension contribution
Apply: To apply, please email your full CV and covering letter FAO Roz Tippett – firstname.lastname@example.org