MHA Henderson Loggie is one of Scotland’s leading independent firms of accountants and business advisers, with offices based in Aberdeen, Dundee, Edinburgh and Glasgow.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Tax Manager/ Senior Tax Manager to join our Dundee Office. You will be supporting the Tax Partner in building and maintaining Tax relationships with clients and ensuring high levels of client service. You will also oversee the work of the Tax team and manage the delivery of compliance and assignments.
Main Responsibilities are:
- Manage the portfolios of the Tax Consultants and Tax Assistants to ensure time limits and tax payment deadlines are observed
- Review the work of junior colleagues including tax computations and technical letters, ensuring technical excellence and that a practical/business-driven approach is taken at all times.
- Manage your own portfolio of tax clients, seeking Partner input as and when required
- Support the Partner at client and third-party meetings
- In conjunction with the Partner, provide technical tax advice on a variety of assignments and provide a high level of client service
- Be proactive with clients, identifying planning opportunities and advising on changes to tax rules that may impact them.
- Coach and mentor junior colleagues with hands-on advice and support
- Support the Partner in the operational running of the department including billing fees and managing the billing process.
- Proactively contribute to departmental and firm-wide business development activities with the goal of winning new clients and consulting opportunities
To be considered for this role you will be:
- ATT or CTA qualified or breadth of knowledge to an equivalent level
- Experienced Tax practitioner, with reviewing skills and demonstrable expertise in Personal Tax matters essential, preferably within Professional Services.
- Tax planning expertise
- Some employment tax experience would be helpful but not essential
- Strong client and employee management experience
- Must be able to build effective relationships with clients and colleagues at all levels from a variety of sectors
- Client driven and strategically and commercially aware
- Highly organised with the ability to cope with multiple responsibilities within tight deadlines
- Strong technical knowledge with a proactive approach to CPD
- Must be able to demonstrate a commitment to high standards of both personal and professional performance with the ability to take ownership of tasks
- Computer literate with experience of Tax software packages essential
For candidates with extensive experience, there would be the option of joining at Senior Manager level.
Apply: To apply, please email your full CV and covering letter FAO Roz Tippett – firstname.lastname@example.org