At Henderson Loggie, our people are at the very heart of what makes us stand out from our competitors. We provide a wide range of services and work collaboratively across the Firm to ensure that our clients receive the very best advice.
We are proud of our approachable, straightforward, and collaborative style of working and are always keen to meet with people who share our values and commitment to providing outstanding client service.
Due to continued and sustained growth, we are looking to further strengthen our Audit team by recruiting a motivated individual who is seeking a challenging career move with opportunities to develop their own technical and leadership skills within the firm. This position will be based in our Dundee office.
Our Audit team manages a varied portfolio of audits for a wide range of clients, based across Scotland.
What does the role include?
The role is varied, and responsibilities include:
- Support the manager in planning, performing and completing audit assignments
- Responsible for all aspects of audit fieldwork
- Involved in the budget setting process and ensuring tasks are completed in line with budgets
- Prepare & review high-quality audit documentation and drafts of the financial statements
- Manage and prioritise workload to ensure deadlines are met
- Delegating work to junior members of the team and providing on-the-job coaching and mentoring to the trainees when needed
- Develop strong relationships with clients, the Audit team and the wider firm
What we are looking for:
The successful candidates will:
- Be fully qualified (CA, ACCA or equivalent) or part qualified with an appropriate level of practical experience and exam success
- Possess a strong track record of leading onsite audits
- Have excellent technical knowledge and demonstrate a proactive approach to learning and CPD
- Demonstrate a flexible attitude to work and be able, and willing, to take ownership for their work
- Be a strong team player and demonstrate the ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and clients.
- Possess numerical and data analysis skills
- Have excellent attention to detail
Why develop your career with us?
Our team say that we are a medium sized firm, with a small firm feel, that puts you in charge of your career and its development. Apart from being an award-winning employer, our team say they value our commitment to their development, personally and professionally. In fact, we’re so committed to training that we have set up our very own Training Academy which supports staff in their development.
What you can expect:
- A competitive salary
- 31 days holiday per year & Holiday buy/sell scheme
- Hybrid/Flexible Working Policy
- Generous pension contribution and life insurance scheme
- Continuous training and support via The Henderson Loggie Training Academy
- Birthday gift and Perkbox – discounts on supermarket, travel, retail, leisure and much more
- Professional Subscriptions
- Team and office-wide social activities
As an equal opportunities employer, Henderson Loggie is committed to the equal treatment of all current and prospective employees and does not condone discrimination on the basis of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, gender identity, or marriage and civil partnership.
We aspire to have a diverse and inclusive workplace and strongly encourage suitably qualified applicants from a wide range of backgrounds to apply and join our Firm.