At Henderson Loggie, our people are our true differentiator. We’re a supportive firm that thrives on collaboration, growth, and making a positive impact. Our wide range of services reflects the collective expertise of our team, ensuring that our clients always receive the best advice.
Henderson Loggie believes in the power of teamwork. We’re looking for a dedicated Grants Administrator to join our Grants Team as we continue to grow. Our Grants Team manages a diverse portfolio of grants for prestigious public sector and commercial clients located throughout Scotland.
Our ideal candidate will be well-versed in the world of grant audits. You will have a good understanding of the ins and outs, ensuring that all financial matters are handled diligently and in accordance with regulations. While previous experience is advantageous, we believe that strong attention to detail, a collaborative mindset and great organisation skills are the core qualities that will make you a perfect fit for this role.
Main Responsibilities include:
Providing support to the Grants Team:
- Assist with work on grant audits.
- Support grant audit team on administration tasks – preparing files and collecting initial audit documents from clients.
- Establish sample sizes, where appropriate, and select samples from data supplied from clients.
- Liaise with clients to collect documentary evidence on a sample of costs for review
- Conduct fieldwork onsite at client premises or remotely, as required.
- Assist with queries on grant claims and refer on to the grant coordinator, keeping them up to date on progress.
- Action all review points to ensure all are cleared.
- Attend relevant training courses, as required.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be educated to Higher grade (or equivalent) with A to C passes in English and Maths.
- Have a minimum of two years experience of working within a finance office ideally experience of audit would be beneficial.
- Previous experience working with grants would be useful but not essential as full training will be given.
- Have excellent communication skills – both written and oral
- Have excellent IT skills – Excel and Word
- Have a well-developed sense of client service
- Work well in a team environment
- Have excellent attention to detail
Not only will you share our values, but you will demonstrate a desire to contribute to the ongoing success of the firm.
Why develop your career with us?
We are a born and bred Scottish firm, established in 1909, and we believe in giving back to our local communities. We raise money throughout the year for various charities, we give all staff one day for volunteering per year, we also sponsor the Courier Business Awards and two budding ice-skating athletes based in Dundee Ice Arena.
When you choose to develop your career with us, you’re choosing a firm that truly cares. Our team members describe us as a medium-sized firm with a small-firm feel, where you’re in charge of your own growth and development. We’ve even established our own Training Academy to support our staff in reaching their personal and professional goals.
What you can expect:
- A competitive salary
- 31 days holiday per year & Holiday buy/sell scheme
- Hybrid/Flexible Working Policy
- Generous pension contribution and life insurance scheme
- Continuous training and support via The Henderson Loggie Training Academy
- Birthday gift and Perkbox – discounts on supermarket, travel, retail, leisure and much more
- Professional Subscriptions
- Team and office-wide social activities
- Enhanced paid leave (Maternity/Paternity/ Adoption/Bereavement & Compassionate Leave & Company Sick Pay)
As an equal opportunities employer, Henderson Loggie is committed to the equal treatment of all current and prospective employees and does not condone discrimination on the basis of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, gender identity, or marriage and civil partnership.
We aspire to have a diverse and inclusive workplace and strongly encourage suitably qualified applicants from a wide range of backgrounds to apply and join our Firm.
If you’re excited about making a real difference and want to be a valued member of a team that cares about your growth and achievements, then you definitely shouldn’t miss out on this exciting opportunity. Join us in creating a future where your skills and dedication can truly shine and make a positive impact!