At Henderson Loggie our people are at the very heart of what makes us stand out from our competitors. We provide a wide range of services and work collaboratively across the Firm to ensure that our clients receive the very best advice.
We are proud of our approachable, straightforward, and collaborative style of working and are always keen to meet with people who share our values and commitment to providing outstanding client service. Winning the Exemplary Employer of Choice Award at the 2021 cHeRries Awards demonstrates our commitment to putting our people first.
Due to continued growth, we are seeking a Grants Auditor to join our Grants Team. Our Grants Team manages a varied portfolio of grants for a wide range of prestigious public sector and commercial clients, based across Scotland.
The ideal candidate will have an understanding of Grants audits, previous experience within a similar role, work well under pressure and be strong at communicating and building relationships with people from a variety of backgrounds.
Main Responsibilities include:
Providing support to the Grants Team:
- Plan and organise own work on grant audits.
- Establish sample sizes, where appropriate, and select samples from data supplied from clients.
- Liaise with clients to collect documentary evidence and set-up and organise files.
- Conduct fieldwork onsite at client premises or remotely, as required.
- Assist on queries on grant claims and refer on to grant coordinator, keeping them up to date on progress.
- Action all review points to ensure all are cleared.
- Attend relevant training courses, as required.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be educated to Higher grade (or equivalent) with A to C passes in English and Maths.
- Have a minimum of two years’ experience of working within an accountancy practice, ideally within audit would be beneficial.
- Have previous experience working with grant audits would be useful but not essential as full training will be given
- Have excellent communication skills – both written and oral
- Have a demonstrable interest in business and financial issues
- Be a well-developed sense of client service
- Have excellent attention to detail
- Be a proactive and analytical approach to problem solving
Not only will you share our values, but you will demonstrate a desire to contribute to the ongoing success of the firm.
What you can expect:
- A competitive salary
- 31 days holiday per year & Holiday buy/sell scheme
- Generous pension contribution
- Continuous training and support
- Life Insurance
- Dress for your working day policy
- Agile Working policy
To apply for this role please submit your CV along with a covering letter that highlights why you want to be a part of Henderson Loggie, and what experience and qualities you can bring to the role.
All applications should be marked FAO Roz Tippett: firstname.lastname@example.org
Henderson Loggie is an Equal Opportunities Employer