At Henderson Loggie our people are at the very heart of what makes us stand out from our competitors. We take pride in our approachable, straightforward, and collaborative work style, and we’re always excited to meet individuals who share our values and dedication to providing exceptional client service.
Our Grants Team is expanding, and we’re on the lookout for a passionate Grants Auditor to join our ranks. With a diverse portfolio of grants spanning prestigious public sector and commercial clients across Scotland, you’ll play a pivotal role in ensuring financial integrity and fostering impactful relationships.
As a Grants Auditor, your role will be crucial in ensuring the accuracy, compliance, and integrity of the grants managed by our Grants Team. You will play a vital part in maintaining the financial health and accountability of the grants received by our clients.
As a Grants Auditor at Henderson Loggie, your responsibilities will include:
- Plan and organise own work on grant audits allocated.
- Establish sample sizes, where appropriate, and select samples from data supplied from clients.
- Liaise with clients to collect documentary evidence and set-up and organise files.
- Conduct fieldwork onsite at client premises or remotely, as required.
- Liaise with clients on queries on grant claims and discuss with grant coordinator, keeping them up to date on progress.
- Draft audit reports
- Action all review points to ensure all are cleared.
- Support team members, assisting when urgent work required.
- Attend relevant training courses, as required.
Now, let’s talk about you!
The successful candidate will be:
- Be educated to Higher grade (or equivalent) with A to C passes in English and Maths.
- Have a minimum of two years’ experience of working within an accountancy practice, ideally within audit would be beneficial.
- Have previous experience working with grant audits would be useful but not essential as full training will be given
- Have excellent communication skills – both written and oral
- Have a demonstrable interest in business and financial issues
- Have a well-developed sense of client service
- Have excellent attention to detail
- Possess excellent IT Skills
- Work well in a team environment
- Be proactive and have an analytical approach to problem solving
Why develop your career with us?
We are a born and bred Scottish firm, established in 1909, and we believe in giving back to our local communities. We raise money throughout the year for various charities, we give all staff one day for volunteering per year, we are also sponsor the Courier Business Awards and two budding ice-skating athletes based in Dundee ice arena.
When you choose to develop your career with us, you’re choosing a firm that truly cares. Our team members describe us as a medium-sized firm with a small-firm feel, where you’re in charge of your own growth and development. We’ve even established our own Training Academy to support our staff in reaching their personal and professional goals.
What you can expect when you join us:
- A competitive salary
- 31 days holiday per year & Holiday buy/sell scheme
- Hybrid/Flexible Working Policy
- Generous pension contribution and life insurance scheme
- Continuous training and support via The Henderson Loggie Training Academy
- Birthday gift and Perkbox – discounts on supermarket, travel, retail, leisure and much more
- Professional Subscriptions
- Team and office wide social activities
- Enhanced paid leave (Maternity/Paternity/ Adoption/Bereavement & Compassionate Leave & Company Sick Pay)
At Henderson Loggie, we embrace diversity and equality. We’re committed to treating all current and prospective employees equally and do not tolerate any form of discrimination. We strive to create a diverse and inclusive workplace, and we strongly encourage individuals from various backgrounds to apply and become part of our amazing firm.
If you’re ready to join a team that values its people and is dedicated to providing outstanding client service, we can’t wait to hear from you! Apply now for the Grants Auditor position and let’s embark on this exciting journey together.