Coronavirus Business Support Fund – Local Authority links
Last week, Fiona Hyslop, The Cabinet Secretary for Economy in Scotland, announced actions being taken by the Scottish Government to support businesses as follows:
- A full year’s 100% non-domestic rates relief for retail, hospitality and tourism
- £10,000 grants for small businesses in receipt of the Small Business Bonus Scheme or Rural Relief
- £25,000 grants for hospitality, leisure and retail properties with a rateable value between £18,000 and £51,000
- 1.6% relief for all properties, effectively freezing the poundage rate next year
- Halting the introduction of the Visitor Levy Bill
The grant funds are now open and can be applied for via your local authority. There are two types of grant available to ratepayers:
- A £10,000 grant to ratepayers of businesses in receipt of the Small Business Bonus Scheme or Rural Relief. Businesses with a rateable value up to £18,000 are eligible for this fund. You can also get this grant if you applied for nursery relief or disabled relief but are eligible for the small business bonus scheme.
- Retail, hospitality and leisure business ratepayers with a rateable value between £18,001 – £50,999 can apply for a one-off grant of £25,000.
Eligible ratepayers should apply to their local authority for these grants.
We have provided the links to the local authority web pages to make it easier for you to find the local authority guidance you need:
The deadline for applications to the Business Support Fund is 31 March 2021
Get in touch
If you have any questions please get in touch with our usual MHA Henderson Loggie contact, or fill out the contact form below.