Henderson Loggie at The Courier Business Awards 2016
Henderson Loggie was delighted to once again sponsor The Courier Business Awards. Now in its fourth year, the awards are firmly established as a platform for businesses to display their talent. Gyles Brandreth from ‘The One Show’ returned as host of the awards for the second time and certainly did not disappoint as he caused a great deal of laughter throughout the night. All of our team had a fantastic night at the Apex City Quay Hotel and would like to thank our guests for joining us for what was the largest black tie event ever staged in Dundee with over 700 attendees!
We would like to offer huge congratulations to all of this year’s winners and finalists as this year proved to be the toughest yet as the number of entries reached a record level. Massive congratulations are also in order for both the DC Thomson and Apex events teams for pulling off this wonderful event and exceeding expectations across the board.
On a night where our local business community was trending nationally on Twitter (#CourierBizAwards) it is easy to see why Courier Country is fast becoming one of the most exciting and rewarding places to be in business.
- Apprentice of the Year – Donna Smith, Fife Council
- Export Business of the Year – Stoneridge
- Deal of the Year – UK Games Fund
- Growth Business of the Year – Journeycall
- Retail Business of the Year – Davidsons Chemist
- Design and Innovation Business of the Year – Nicoll Russell Studios
- Social Impact Business of the Year – Links Park Community Trust
- Rural Impact Business of the Year – SoilEssentials
- Small Business of the Year – Crosbie Matthew Funeral Directors
- Tourism, Leisure and Hospitality Business of the Year – Dundee Industrial Heritage
- Digital Business of the Year – Tag Games
- Manufacturing Business of the Year – GSK Montrose
- Family Business of the Year – Graham Pest Control
- Service Business of the Year – Caledonia Housing Association
- Science & Technology of the Year – CXR Biosciences
- Young Business of the Year – Taypark House
- Entrepreneur of the Year – Andy Lothian (click here for more)
- Business of the Year – Michelin (click here for more)
- Outstanding Contribution of the Year – Jack Robertson (click here for more)