HMRC’s Advance Assurance
Henderson Loggie would like to offer a free consultation on HMRC’s Advance Assurance for a first Research & Development small company claim
HMRC have launched an Advance Assurance (“AA”) program for small companies who are making a first Research & Development (“R&D”) Tax Relief claim. We would like to offer you a free consultation to help you get started with this new scheme.
This is a voluntary and non-statutory scheme for companies that are undertaking R&D and for those considering undertaking R&D. Advanced Assurance will focus on first time claimant smaller companies (definition as those with a turnover under £2m and fewer than 50 employees). Successful applicants will have assurance from HMRC that their first 3 years of R&D tax relief claims will be accepted.
Henderson Loggie – our experience
- We have claimed more than £6m for Scottish based clients, with a 100% success rate across our offices in Aberdeen, Dundee, Edinburgh and Glasgow.
- We have lodged claims in all major sectors including manufacturing, engineering, oil & gas, software, technology, medical, pharmaceutical and renewables.
- A free consultation will help you complete your Advance Assurance application as a first step to prepare a no-risk, successful R&D Tax Relief claim application, allowing you to maximise the value of your R&D Tax Relief claims.
Could I obtain the Advance Assurance myself?
- Possibly, but any errors may result in your application being rejected.
- HMRC will assess your application based on what you tell them and will not question the information you supply, even if it incorrectly suggests that you do not qualify.
- An incorrect or incomplete Advance Assurance application may conclude that you are non-qualifying when in fact you are.
To get started with your claim and your Advance Assurance application, please contact Dougy Agnew (Partner) or Barbara Walton (Senior Manager).