Top 10 Tips for Resonate Games Festival 2016
Resonate Games Festival is a fantastic opportunity for games developers to showcase what their hard work and determination has produced. But how can you, as a developer, make sure you have a successful weekend? We have some top tips to help through the weekend as well as ideas for encouraging players to try out your game demo.
- Make sure the game demo doesn’t last too long per session by adding a clear ending or timer. This will help to reduce waiting times and limit the number of
- Don’t try and correct player mistakes unless they are totally stuck. If a number of players are getting stuck at the same point this maybe identifies areas that are in need of development.
- Listen to feedback and figure out if you need changes.
- Get as many people through your booth in as short a time as possible, giving them the best possible experience.
- Run a competition throughout the day to get more traffic to your booth.
- Make sure you’re prepared to stand for long periods of time.
- Bring water, you’re going to be talking a lot.
- Snacks are always a good lure at any event.
- See if you can get your hands on a poster of your game. The PC on your desk can often get lost in the crowd. A flag, banner or cardboard cut-out could also drag a lot of attention.
- Bring business cards and flyers that people can take away with them.
Read more about our work in the games sector and download our Creative & Interactive Media Credentials Flyer