Motor Dealer Report 2017July 11, 2017
In conjunction with the MHA association of UK independent accountancy firms, we are delighted to present our Motor Dealer Report 2017.
The report covers the Current Outlook, The Future, including on-line retail, Alternative Fuel Vehicles (AFVs) and the future of car dealerships in general, and the M&A Outlook.
- Only 24% of UK dealers expect an increase in profits in 2017; a drop of 20% from 2016.
- 8 out of 10 dealers say Brexit uncertainty will have adverse impact on the sector.
- Used car performance expected to have most positive impact on profitability.
- Pre-registration levels, consumer confidence and costs have most adverse impact on profitability.
- Online retail set to become integral part in the future new car purchasing model.
- 59% happy with franchise partners’ future proofing strategy for AFV and autonomous vehicles.
If you would like to discuss any of the issues raised in this report in more detail, please contact a member of our Motor Sector Team.