MHA Henderson Loggie is one of Scotland’s leading independent firms of accountants and business advisers, with offices based in Aberdeen, Dundee, Edinburgh and Glasgow.
We are seeking a full-time Senior Payroll Administrator Senior to join our existing payroll team based in our Dundee office. This is a new and exciting opportunity for an experienced Senior Payroll Administrator to take the next step in their career. The Payroll Administrator Senior will be one of three seniors who will be supporting the Assistant Payroll Manager and the Payroll Manager whilst processing some of the more complicated payrolls, whilst providing first-class support to our clients.
The team are responsible for processing payroll for clients with sizes ranging from two or three staff through to several hundred employees. The team are also responsible for processing a range of weekly, four weekly and monthly payrolls whilst providing a high standard of service to our clients.
- Have a good working knowledge of the Firm’s service offering and individual Client payroll requirements to provide accurate information and guidance when required
- Keep up to date with all legislative changes relating to Payroll
- Liaise with outside agencies (Inland Revenue/Pensions/Auditors etc)
- Work to strict deadlines, sometimes under short notice.
- Carry out various large or complex monthly, quarterly and annual payroll reconciliations
- Perform the payroll year-end procedures
- Take ownership of problems as they arise, assessing them and where necessary seeing them through to a satisfactory conclusion
- Any other duties as required
The successful candidate will possess:
- Previous experience of working within a payroll department and ideally within a Payroll Bureau
- Excellent communication skills – both verbal and written with a high level of attention to detail
- A high level of numeracy and accuracy
- Good telephone and customer service skills
- Computer literate and able to use MS office packages
- Ability to work to strict deadlines and achieve a high level of accuracy
- Previous experience of coaching junior colleagues would be beneficial
- Knowledge of current payroll legislation
What you can expect:
- A competitive salary
- 31 days holiday per year
- Holiday buy and sell scheme
- Continuous training and support
- Life Insurance
- Generous pension contribution
- Dress for your working day policy
- Agile Working policy
Closing date for applications: 7th July 2020
To apply please email your CV and covering letter FAO Roz Tippett:
MHA Henderson Loggie is an Equal Opportunities Employer