Dundee & Edinburgh
At Henderson Loggie our people are at the very heart of what makes us stand out from our competitors. We provide a wide range of services and work collaboratively across the Firm to ensure that our clients receive the very best advice.
We are proud of our approachable, straightforward, and collaborative style of working and are always keen to meet with people who share our values and commitment to providing outstanding client service. Winning the Exemplary Employer of Choice Award at the 2021 cHeRries Awards demonstrates our commitment to putting our people first.
Due to the continued growth of our Accounting & Business Solutions team we have an opportunity for two experienced Accounts Assistants to join our team. The ideal candidates will have previous experience of working within a practice, and in the preparation of management and financial accounting, have a passion for cloud accounting and strong organisational skills.
- Book-keeping on a monthly/quarterly basis using Xero, Quickbooks and Sage
- Preparation of monthly/quarterly management accounts for a variety of clients in a range of sectors. Liaising with clients where appropriate.
- Preparation of VAT returns
- Prepare annual accounts for sole traders, partnerships, limited companies and independent examination for charities
- Establish a professional and confident working relationship with clients, dealing with their queries, escalating these as appropriate, in order to enhance the Firm’s reputation and business opportunities
The ideal candidate will be:
- HND, AAT or ACCA part-qualified or equivalent experience (Study support could be available for training in a professional qualification)
- Advanced accounts preparation experience and skills, within a professional practice is essential.
- Good numerical and data analysis skills
- Organised with the ability to cope with multiple responsibilities within tight deadlines and take ownership
- Able to build effective relationships with clients and colleagues from a variety of sectors
- Client driven and commercially aware
- Computer literate with experience of accounts production software such as Xero and Sage.
What you can expect:
- A competitive salary
- 31 days holiday per year & Holiday buy/sell scheme
- Generous pension contribution
- Continuous training and support
- Life Insurance
We know how tough things have been so if you want to discuss working remotely or working flexibly then we would be happy to discuss this with you.
To apply, please email your CV and covering letter FAO Roz Tippett: email@example.com
Henderson Loggie is an Equal Opportunities Employer