We are Henderson Loggie, and our people are the true stars of our success story! We’re all about a warm and welcoming work style that’s as friendly as it is collaborative. An incredible chance awaits as we’re on the lookout for a Senior Accounts Assistant to become a crucial part of our tight-knit Accounting and Business Solutions team in Dundee. If you’re seeking a role that’s not only fulfilling but also backed by a supportive environment, this is your moment to shine.
In this role, you’ll be a key player in a diverse client portfolio. Your responsibilities will span a range of essential accountancy services – from preparing annual accounts to taking responsibility for monthly/quarterly reporting for a diverse range of clients. It’s all about making sure our clients are on solid financial ground while showcasing your skills in a dynamic and collaborative setting.
What does the role include?
The role is varied and responsibilities include:
- Prepare annual accounts for limited companies, LLP’s and partnerships.
- Prepare and carried out independent examinations for our larger charities and trusts
- Attend and work at client premises, as necessary
- Establish a professional and confident working relationship with clients, dealing with telephone/email enquiries timeously, escalating queries as appropriate, in order to enhance the Firm’s reputation and business opportunities
- Coaching and supporting junior members of the team on a day to day basis
- As an Accounts Senior in a smaller firm, you will play a key role in supporting the senior management team in driving process enhancements, strategic planning and decision-making.
What we are looking for:
- Part or recently ACCA qualified or breadth of knowledge to equivalent level essential
- Advanced accounts preparation experience and skills within a professional practice.
- Good numerical and data analysis skills
- Must be able to build effective relationships with clients and colleagues at all levels from a variety of sectors
- Client driven and commercially aware
- Organised with the ability to cope with multiple responsibilities within tight deadlines
- Sound technical knowledge with proactive approach to CPD
- Must be able to demonstrate a commitment to high standards of both personal and professional performance with the ability to take ownership of tasks
- Computer literate with experience of accounts production software desirable
Why develop your career with us?
Our team say that we are a medium sized firm, with a small firm feel, that puts you in charge of your career and its development. Apart from being an award-winning employer, our team say they value our commitment to their development, personally and professionally. In fact, we’re so committed to training that we have set up our very own Training Academy which supports staff in their development.
What you can expect
- A competitive salary
- 31 days holiday per year & Holiday buy/sell scheme
- Hybrid/Flexible Working Policy
- Volunteering Day
- Generous pension contribution and life insurance scheme
- Continuous training and support via The Henderson Loggie Training Academy
- Birthday gift and Perkbox – discounts on supermarket, travel, retail, leisure and much more
- Professional Subscriptions
- Team and office wide social activities
At Henderson Loggie, we embrace diversity and equality. We’re committed to treating all current and prospective employees equally and do not tolerate any form of discrimination. We strive to create a diverse and inclusive workplace, and we strongly encourage individuals from various backgrounds to apply and become part of our amazing firm.
If you’re ready to make a substantial impact and be part of a team that’s not just about numbers, but about nurturing growth and success, then don’t miss out on this exciting opportunity. Join us in creating a future where your expertise and dedication truly shine!